rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Influential Books & Movies

Influential Books & Movies

What are some influential books and movies that you have encountered in your life?

Books: Siddhartha (the passing of stages), 48 Laws of Power (good introduction to various interesting sources),
Philosophers: Nietzsche (reading about his life actually taught me more about life than his philosophy, really. A bitter old man who fell in love with a girl who wouldn't return his love for him. Best way to learn about life is through other people's mistakes!). Kierkegaard wrote the Seducer's Diary which was pretty interesting.

My old roommate once showed me his book on Gestalt Therapy. I only read the first chapter, but in it was an exercise that was meant to prove a point. In the exercise, you basically visualize doing something differently. For instance, you would imagine a ball returning to your hand, I think (I read the chapter 4-5 years ago now, I can barely remember). It brought me down a path to becoming more curious about the power of my own mind. When I found out about NLP I read about that too. NLP is definitely interesting, although I didn't really dig too deeply into it.

Movies: Old french movies [Le Mepris] (Learn about REAL Romance), Fight Club (getting rid of material possessions in order to really live), A lot more, but I can't think of any right now...

Messages In This Thread