rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New Car

New Car

Quote: (04-30-2012 03:05 PM)ABDada Wrote:  

Quote: (04-30-2012 03:00 PM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

Basically, instead of spending 10's of thousands in repairs one can instead spend that money on a much newer, more reliable, vehicle is how I look at it.

I warn my friends constantly to never buy LR. Ever.

The only reason I buy them is I love the ride and I have tons of knowledge about them, so I can manage 95% of maintenance and even serious repairs just shade tree mechanic style. I recently replaced my head gasket ($1800 at an average mechanic) myself in a garage over a weekend. It was fun as hell and I did a bunch of other minor work (replaced hoses, etc). Total cost was somewhere under $300, plus 12+ hours of work.

I call owning LR a hobby for a reason. It's a passion, not something that is a wise investment. My older model LR is even worse: when it runs, it catches everyone's eye and I get tons of compliments on it. When it runs.
I get it. I love working on them because the dealer is so high and nobody else around here will touch one. I make good money. If you ever read the African LR forums you will see how much some people love those things.

Messages In This Thread