rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Eggs

Quote: (12-13-2012 01:53 AM)Technics Wrote:  

Huge fan of eggs here as well. I have many different ways I cook them, probably about 8. Here's one that I haven't seen anyone else do, but I'm sure there's some sort of recipe out there for it.

For those of us who like POTATOES/FRENCH FRIES:

olive oil in the pan, and line the bottom with thinly sliced potatoes slices, with no room in between. Let it cook for 8-10 mins on medium or medium high until brown (french fry texture), then flip all over.

At this point, put in sliced onions, mushrooms and tomatoes which must go ON TOP OF the flipped potato slices. Place cheese (american for me), ON TOP of mushroom/tomato/onion mix. PLACE LID ON TOP, bring heat down to low. Let cook for 5-6 mins

Then add in egg mixture (straight eggs with a tiny bit of milk added for fluffy texture, as someone else mentioned) last, bring heat up to medium and stir entire mixture around making sure the eggs are cooking evenly. I put a little bit of crushed black pepper in at this point. I do not put in salt because I usually cook this for a group and everyone likes to add to taste.

Usually takes only 5 mins at this point.

What comes out is a kind of omelette with browned potatoes mixed in. I then eat with a little bit of ketchup or hot sauce on the side depending on the mood.

I have no idea how healthy/unhealthy this is, but I became a huge fan after I honed this method.

Wow!!! That's a hell of an omelette!

[Image: mindblown.gif]

Messages In This Thread