rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Gringo I knew shot and killed in Medellin

Gringo I knew shot and killed in Medellin

Quote: (06-17-2013 03:35 PM)julez Wrote:  

Just came back from Medellin last week & can confirm that it's not all that safe - but where is nowadays? I passed as a Columbian from Cali, but still had watch my back. Especially from the cabbies, who were all about trying to get into your business. Don't let them or girls you just met know your real plans. NEVER, I repeat NEVER try to pull a girl at a club from another table/booth unless you get introduced from a guy at that table.

What surprises me is that Medellin has the highest concentration of chicks of any city I have been to but the guys there seemed very possessive.

Other than that I found Columbians to be very friendly and outgoing. But you can't be naive and think that you can role just anywhere - especially if you are a gringo. I didn't see any at any of the clubs I went to.

Its Colombian, not Columbian. Unless Medellin has dramatically changed since I was there last fall (which is possible), I didn't find it all that bad.

Quote: (06-17-2013 03:47 PM)Justice Beaver Wrote:  

Sorry to hear about your loss WEDO, I plan to go to Colombia in January, for quite a while, will take in every bit of safety info I can get. Anyone that has been there, have they been worried about FARC? I read that two Spanish tourists were recently rescued from being kidnapped and managed to get back home safe.

You'll be fine, don't worry about the FARC, they don't kidnap Gringos from the big cities, as far as I know, but I wouldn't go hiking in the wilderness around Valle de Cauca. You're far more likely to get hit by a car than be kidnapped and in the cities, as long as you take all of the necessary precautions that are mentioned in this thread, you'll be fine. I spent four months there last year and never had any serious problems.

Messages In This Thread