rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Detailed field report of a screwed up set: Your thoughts?

Detailed field report of a screwed up set: Your thoughts?

I am fairly new to game (3 months into it). I am in a weird situation here and need advice. Below I have written down a detailed field report. It might be too long for most of you, so I have provided a tl;dr version too. Please let me know what you think in terms of 1) what I should do now to save the set and 2) where exactly did I screw it up?

tl;dr I met a girl at a house party and we connected very well. I added her on FB, then got her number through FB, exchanged some texts, then called up to set up a date. She readily agreed and sounded enthusiastic. The date was for dinner+drinks (I know, I shouldn't have said dinner, but I didn't know it back then) on Wednesday last week. On the day of the date, I texted her at noon to confirm. She immediately replied saying "Sure!" 2 hours later, she texts me asking if we can cancel the dinner and do only drinks. Then 2 hours before the date, she texts asking if we can do it some other time since her essay is taking longer than expected. I reply with, "Alright. Good luck." I don't get a reply or a call for the next 5 days. Next week, Monday, I reinitiate a conversation with her. She flakes.

Longer version:

Party was on Friday two weeks ago. I think I did really well there. Somehow everyone there was more beta than me, so I got to be the AMOG. May be I screwed up once or twice, but that's it. Some IOI's I got:

1. About 70% of the party was essentially a conversation between me and her.
2. She asked me lots of questions.
3. She asked me at one point if I was single.

One place where I might have screwed up:

In the end, since she had a car and I did not, and since my place was not that far from hers, she dropped me. We were having a good conversation in the car, in fact, that's where she asked me if I was single. But right before getting out of the car, I said, "So what do we do here? Handshake? Hug? What's your type?" When I mentioned "hug," she said "sure!" and gave me one.

Anyway,

On Saturday I sent her a FB msg (that was suggested by Crowskee on a separate thread) saying the following:

"Hey, last night was fun. We should get together some time and do something awesome such as <a seed that I had planted during the party>. My number is: <number>. Send me your number on FB or just text/call me some time.

PS: Milk and alcohol is an interesting combo. I felt drunk in my dreams y'day."

The PS part was regarding something that happened during the party.

Anyway,

Saturday evening I got a text from her, "Hey this is <name>. How is it going? lol"

I was getting ready to go out sarging, so didn't reply immediately. In 10 mins, I get another text: "Hey I just saw your msg on FB eh. How's your weekend?"

I replied after 20 mins or so, "On my way to another party. Seems like the weekend is not over yet. "

Sunday evening, we had some banter over text. Ended with me saying, "Alright, I am off to bed. Good night. Have wonderfully wild and sexual dreams."

At 2 in the night, I get three texts from her. Apparently there was a lag and she had sent me 3 texts more than what I had sent her.

Anyway,

Monday evening, I start texting again...

Me: I got three texts from you at 2 last night. That was some lag! Your phone is weird.
Her: lol... sorry?
Me: Heh... BTW, I have a quick question. I'm gonna call you in 2 mins.
Her: Quick question... hmm... intriguing.

After 5 mins, I call her. While I am dialing, I receive another text from her. I don't read it.

She answers, "Hello?"
Me: Hey, how are you?
Her: Good, how are you?
Me: Great! So how is your intrigue level right now?
Her: It's decently high.
Me: Good good. So here's my quick question... Do you floss before brushing or after brushing.
Her: <something I don't remember>
Me (laughing and interrupting her): Haha, no I am just kidding. Don't answer that. <pause> My real quick question is this: Do you like martinis?
Her: Yeah, they are good.
Me: Ok, that's awesome, because we are going to <restaraurant name> this Wednesday evening to have martinis.
Her: Umm, it's not that I don't want to come... I do... just that I am not in Waterloo (that's where I live, btw) right now. I am at my parents' at <a city 1 hour away from Waterloo>.
Me: Oh that's ok, when will you be back?
Her: Next week... but... umm... we can go on Wednesday.
Me: Oh, next Wednesday?
Her: No no, this one.
Me: Ok, sure, if you can come all the way from <her parents' place>.
Her: No, I also have some essays to submit.
Me: Ok, that's great!
Me: So are you having fun at your parents? Are they properly entertaining you?
Her: Naah, not much... blah blah...
blah blah blah
Me: Ok, I guess I will see you on Wednesday then! Oh hey, btw, this is a date, so don't bring your parents.
Her: Haha, no, don't worry, I won't.
Me: I will send you a text on Wednesday to confirm.

Ok, next, on Wednesday morning, I send her a text saying, "So, 8 pm, <restaruant name>. I will meet you at the door. It's dinner plus drinks, so don't eat beforehand. Sounds good?"

She immediately replies with, "Sure see you then."

After 2 hours, she says "Hey can we meet at 9 instead and skip dinner...?"

I reply, "Sure we can. See you at 9 then."

2 hours before the date, she texts: "Hey I am sorry, but can we do this another time? My essay is taking more time than I expected."

Me: "Alright. Good luck."

I wait for her text/call for 5 days. This week Monday I text asking how her essay was going.
She replied after 3 hours.

Her: I managed to get an extension haha.

I waited for some 2.5 hours or so and said.

Me: Nice. Your prof must be so proud. So you still at your parents'?
Her: Yeah, but planning to come back on Wednesday.

I thought of calling her and planning a D2 on phone, but it was already midnight so I thought I should ask her if it was a good time for a phone call. So I said

Me: Ok then I'm gonna call you in 2 mins. Lemme know if it's not a good time.
Her: Actually, I was just about to go to bed, so may be later?
Me: Cool, will call tomorrow then. Good night.
Her: Night!!!

Next day, i.e., Tuesday, I call her around 4:30 in the afternoon, she doesn't answer so I leave a msg "Hey it's future, call me when free."

Then I texted her saying, "Phone tag. I called you. Your turn now."

She immediately replied, "Haha heard your msg. Will call you whenever I can!"

This was Tuesday evening. She hasn't called yet. WTF.

My game blog.

Messages In This Thread