rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Quick Tip for Busy Lifestyles and Strength Training

Quick Tip for Busy Lifestyles and Strength Training

OK gentlemen, with the demands of work and school, I have hit upon a system that works great for me to keep going pretty hard in the gym around my schedule. This is partially adapted from Pavel's "Power to the People" routine.

It's very simple. I have a few quick rules.

Code:
Code:
1. Go to the gym every day.
2. Street clothes are OK.
3. Do two heavy lifts : one pulling exercise and one pressing exercise
              --I do side press and deadlift
4. Do no more than 2 sets, 5 reps.
5. Crank out a few pullups.
6. Check your watch so you're gone in 20 minutes or less.
Works great. I don't break a sweat, I leave the gym fresh, and I do it right after morning classes, so I'm sharp all day and get to eat lunch right afterwards.

On Monday when I did my quick routine at the gym, I did nonstop supersets of my two heavy lifts and was out of there in 11 minutes. Some folks spend more time than that jerking off every day.

Here is a detailed example of my routine.

Code:
Code:
20 minute gym routine
                  1. Quick stretch
                  2. 300# deadlift, 5 reps
                  3. 55# side press, 5 reps each arm
                  4. 5 pullups
                  5. 275# deadlift, 5 reps
                  6. 50# side press, 5 reps each arm
                  7. 5 pullups
                  8. Leave
                  9. Light up a fag.
9 step routine every day through Friday. Serious 1.5 hour workout Saturdays. Sundays optional shotgun/peripherals workout.

The core concepts of the routine are to have one exercise where you pull and one exercise where you press. I can't stress enough that the best barbell pulling exercise, ever, is the deadlift, but the pressing exercise is one where there is variability.

Instead of the side press, you can do dumbbell bench press, the bent press, standard bench press, any pushup variation, handstand pushups, or regular dumbbell shoulder press.

Messages In This Thread