rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Core Success Skills for Business

Core Success Skills for Business

What do you guys think are core skills for success in business and work-life in general?

I've been thinking about why I've struggled to launch and run an online business whereas acquaintances of mine have absolutely nailed it, despite all starting at around the same time.

It didnt come down to opportunity, initial funds or intelligence. We all started at the same time, I had probably more capital than any of them, and we're all pretty damn sharp (imo).

So what was it? The big differences are in personality traits. Here's what I've come up with from analysing the successful guys I know:

-Assertive
-Strong leadership tendencies
-They value 'Getting Shit Done' over 'Being Clever' or 'Being Perfect'
-Strong drive for learning and absorbing knowledge, but second to Getting Shit Done
-Intelligent, Sharp, strong critical/analytical ability
-Ability to assess Big Picture, not lost in details
-Creative & imaginative, tuned in to spotting opportunities
-Very strong networking and connecting-with-people skills
-Persistence and solid work ethic to execute ideas
-Resilient, good stress tolerance and ability to disengage, relax and enjoy playtime
-Willing to try, fail and try again

It's interesting to hash it out because now I clearly see where I differ from this ideal mix. Its also interesting to see that these look like pretty desirable traits just for success and fulfilment in life in general. Seems to me the real question is how can we cultivate the traits we dont yet have.

Thoughts? Agree, disagree, or have any other key traits to add?

Messages In This Thread