rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Insect Repellent

Insect Repellent

Quote: (04-09-2012 10:09 AM)WhoZis Wrote:  

Quote: (04-09-2012 09:40 AM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

Op, not quite sure whether you are trying to avoid Insects or you are trying to avoid Malaria. There are plenty of mosquitos (for example) in Europe but you would be very unlikely to catch Malaria.

What is your concern?

Thanks, guess it wasn't clear. What I want to avoid is chemicals. I want to lead a healthy lifestyle overseas. And if you're in an area with lots of dengue fever or malaria, I guess you have to use DEET or chloroquine.

If no malaria, then I'm sure your solutions above would work - the citrus/eucalyptus non-DEET stuff, swatting them, maybe even a mosquito net if sleeping with windows open.

Ok, I generally only use non-deet based products and they have done the job so far in places like Thailand, Malaysia etc

Going to Belgrade soon, this city has some of the biggest, most aggressive Mossies I have encountered. I try and avoid going near the river in late afternoon/evening. I seem more susceptible to bites than most people

Messages In This Thread