rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bill Would Suspend Passport Rights For Delinquent Taxpayers

Bill Would Suspend Passport Rights For Delinquent Taxpayers

Quote: (04-17-2012 12:18 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

Quote: (04-14-2012 01:49 AM)oldnemesis Wrote:  

To me it is kinda funny where someone disregards official government statistics claiming they have their own interest, but relying on some other statistics - typically provided by a 3rd party which has a very obvious interest as well.

You've got a point there, the shadowstats guy sells services.

However, he explains pretty specifically how the gubmint cooks
the books, while to my knowledge the government pretty much admits
they do this.

He began his business advising some kind of manufacturers on how much raw materials etc was going to go up because inflation stats
stopped reflecting reality. He got paid to be right.

One example is I believe that the gubmint removed the price of gasoline from inflation stats, when it is one of the things that goes up quite a bit every year.

I think the idea being if they admitted how much the cost of living was going up, they'd have to index up social security payments.

This leads to the more interesting question is how do you tease out real information from the maze of propaganda. assume everyone is lying until you see some common information that would have to be true according to all the liars.

This I think is how people realized not to listen to women when they say what they want in men. They looked at the real world,
then compared it to what women claimed to like, and realized everything they say is a lie except they don't want to get murdered and they like rich men.

There are tons of goofy metrics the Govt uses to count inflation. One is a formula which they basically do a "switcheroo". A example is if the cost of ground beef or steak goes up 18% in a year the CPI will swap that with a lower cost alternative such as a cheeseburger or some shit. They assume that the consumer would count the price-quality ratio of the product the same and thus are able to keep the inflation percentage lower then it would otherwise be if the counted the true cost of "beef".

Messages In This Thread