rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Every guy in high school and college needs to read this book

Every guy in high school and college needs to read this book

It was recommended by scotian in another thread...

Worthless: The Indispensable Guide to Choosing the Right Major (Amazon)

I thought I'd take a look since my brother is in high school. The first thing I did after reading it was ship him a copy.

Quote:Quote:

"Worthless is the single most important book young men and women can read before they attend college. While teachers, guidance counselors and even parents are afraid to tell you the truth in an effort to spare your feelings, “Worthless” delivers a blunt and real-world assessment about the economic realities and consequences of choosing various degrees with a necessary and tough fatherly love. Don’t lie to yourself. And certainly don’t waste four years of your youth and thousands of dollars in tuition on a worthless degree. Buy this book and understand why it is important you choose the right major. The book itself could be the wisest investment you ever make."

I was already guiding my brother to do a STEM major if he wants to go to college, but this book really hammers it home and makes it clear that you'd be an idiot to get a liberal arts degree.

Afterwards I read the following article about college graduates not being able to find a job:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/specia...35745.html

Every sob story in that article was buy someone who graduated with---yup---a worthless major. Big industry shouldn't get a pass, but higher education is creating a generation of youth with absolutely no skills that employers want to pay for.

I will review this book in full on the blog later, but I wanted to drop it now because it's one of those important books that young guys need to read. Even if you're out of college, it's quick and entertaining.

Messages In This Thread