rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Deadlift is killing me

Deadlift is killing me

I'm not a member on any bodybuilding forums, but I know a few guys in here know what they are talking about, so perhaps they can offer some advice before I sign up for one.

I like deadlifting, and had been doing well, but today I hit a snag.

Until now, I had been deadlifting with my back at perhaps a 30-40 degree angle to the floor. I have a sway back, it curves inwards, relatively short legs and relatively long arms. With this angle I could do a decent amount of weight and I never had pains like I am experiencing today.

Today, I watched a clip on exrx.net (click for vid), and decided to adjust my form so my back would be more parallel with the floor, keep my butt raised, etc.

The result was sharp pain immediately after I performed each set. I cut the weight I usually use by 15-25%. I did a 5x5 then walked around the room. I wouldn't say each step was agony, but it was close. I had to hold on to the door frame to support myself, standing was very uncomfortable. The only comfort was to lie down.

I finished my workout which included hyper-extensions and reverse leg-raises (lying on stomach on bench, then lifting legs to train lower back) and by the end of it, basically felt fine.

Can someone tell me what could be going on?

Is it supposed to be this painful?

If not, is it possible the technique shown in the video is not for me and I should stick to what I used before?

If the technique is correct for all types, and it's simply because I'm not strong enough, how come I can lift the damn weight then?

A year from now you'll wish you started today

Messages In This Thread