rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

M.O.B. , statistics, and poker (an an analogy)

M.O.B. , statistics, and poker (an an analogy)

Hey Guys,

After reading the epic MOB thread, I thought of a rough philosophical question I'd like to pose. In poker, tight players *usually* play by odds. This is because you always have limited information. Roosh and others have written about how "our retirement is now" or you should live for today. While I think this is a good attitude, I also believe it could be harmful as well. Many have argued that focusing on girls is a good idea and money should be ancillary to that. While there is a lot of uncertainty in the world, I can also see why people want to go to med school (simply financially speaking; disregard humanitarianism). In my mind, med school is like having having a made hand before going all in pre-flop with AAs. You still feel queazy but you know you have a better chance than anyone else. I feel taking an entrepreneurial route is like pushing in with 7 9 off suit (depending on you skill set, etc) and hoping you hit a straight. Maybe you get lucky on the river and outdraw the dude with AAs, but sometimes that card never comes. If we were to see life as an analogy, I can see why so many people take a safe office job or even better; a professional career. They are simply smart poker players. The entrepreneur does hit his card a minority of the time and that's what we hear about and is celebrated in society. To avoid sounding over simplistic, I'd compare a modest entrepreneur like roosh to his old corporate job rather than to facebook. While a med or law student might die while reviewing for an exam, the odds aren't good.

Again this was an completely simplistic, incomplete, and spontaneous analogy. But I'd be excited to hear your thoughts.

Messages In This Thread