rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How ALEC Took Florida's 'License to Kill' Law National

How ALEC Took Florida's 'License to Kill' Law National

Quote: (03-23-2012 04:11 PM)JayMillz Wrote:  

Quote: (03-23-2012 03:33 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

How about this one:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-date.html

That was a very unfortunate and senseless murder as well. Not a "License to Kill" incident, but tragic nonetheless.

Same outer layer of the same proverbial onion.

There's no trust between blacks and whites in this country.

Before someone goes on saying, "Well, the shooter was Hispanic..."

Do me a favor. This is in the news because black people spoke up about it and white-controlled media outlets began reporting it. Furthermore, most white people of certain social class know the kid who wanted to be cop or a soldier and for whatever reason couldn't cut it. Fast-forward ten years, a hundred Chuck Norris movies later, and you have Mr. Zimmerman. This says nothing of Zimmerman's guilt, innocence or of his race. I can tell you that there are no shortage of angry, afc white dudes who'd do the same thing. Any American white man who disagrees with me needs to get their eyes and ears checked.

That mistrust, distrust, lack of trust goes way back and is more complicated than one message board post could hope to cover.

The absolute worst of both races is what gets publicized. This absolute worst, and the charlatans - white and black - who exploit "racial issues" for fame and profit is what attracts readers and what sells advertising. There are exceptions to every rule. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's fair to say that, in general, a white man and a black man coming up in the US view things from different perspectives.

Everyone's perspective is the truth in their own mind. Anyone who doesn't share your perspective is "racist," or a "lazy n*****," or a "dirty Mexican."

Shit's just become so politically correct that you either say what you're supposed to say in public or don't say anything at all. In private, of course, we say all kinds of things to a like-minded audience.

We make it about hoodies, about laws on the books, about oppression, about fear, about social justice, about Obama, about the 1%, etc., etc., etc...,

We make it about everything except what it is...

We have different experiences. From different experiences come different perspectives. Understand another person's perspective and you go a long way in understanding the person. Nobody wants to do that, of course, because it's hard and will more than likely reveal some unpleasant truths about you and your respective "people."

I know it sounds like idealistic, John Lennon-betamale shit but without understanding there'll never be trust. Without trust we'll just keep on being distracted, xenophobic simps trapped fighting for scraps of a currency worth less and less each day.

Messages In This Thread