rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Moving back to LA - but what area?

Moving back to LA - but what area?

Quote: (03-23-2012 11:32 AM)basilransom Wrote:  

Meant to clarify, Venice is not uniformly grimy. Abbott Kinney is like a Bohemian Rodeo Drive, and the girls there during the day are pretty fine - walk into the restaurant Gjelina and take a gander. Too bad reservations are required... But it varies a ton, street by street, like nowhere else on the Westside. One street has A-list celebrities while another's got crack addicts and gangsters. Some people will ignorantly tell you Venice is affordable, but that's only if you want to live in the shittiest place possible, and possibly live next to gangbangers. Unlike Culver City, Venice is a world destination - for those who dig its style, it's #1 in the country. It doesn't have as many bars though.

Drove up Lincoln this morning from Marina Del Rey to Santa Monica. The crowd varies a lot. I should probably go check out Abbot Kinney. I've heard a lot about Gjelina, but you're right reservations there are ridiculous.

I recommend against the South Bay - unless you're dialed in to a strong social network there. I know you already dropped it from consideration, just in case you had any doubts.

Yes not even a consideration.

I was talking to a girl last night who lives in West Hollywood. She said she wants to move to the Westside because of the constant traffic, and WH's lack of proximity to the freeways. WH is also chock-full of aggressively homosexual men - I went to my chain gym there once, and it was a total gay pick-up joint, weird stuff like a dude standing next to me and staring at me for 60 seconds straight while I'm doing cable pulldowns.

From my experience and what's been told to me, West LA and West Hollywood have the absolute worst traffic. Re the gym, if it's the 24 on Santa Monica Blvd. I've been there and yes it's ridiculous - I felt for the first time what it must be like to be a girl at a gym, all dudes staring at you.

I hear Pasadena nightlife is getting pretty good, but I've never been, and I don't trust mainstream hype.

The few times I've gone out in Pasadena it's been atrocious. My friends and I literally thought we were in a circus. Never seen so many fat, ugly and midget type chicks. For a 10 minute span I could not find one chick I'd consider even talking to. Maybe I went on some off nights, but at least in my eyes it is not good. Lots of latinas though if that's your thing.

Messages In This Thread