rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Moving back to LA - but what area?

Moving back to LA - but what area?

Quote: (03-22-2012 10:41 PM)slubu Wrote:  

Quote: (03-22-2012 10:34 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

I think anyone who can afford to live in Santa Monica, but doesn't, is crazy.

Can you expand on this if you don't mind? I'm actually driving up to check out a place there tomorrow.

Good weather. The air is (by LA standards) clean.

If you live close enough (say on 14th Street and between Colorado and Montana Blvd.), you park your car on the weekend. That's it. Walk everywhere.

3rd St promenade to goof off/shop/people watch/run day game.

Kick it at the Board Walk. Burn a few hundred calories walking around, soaking up on Vitamin D, and looking at hotties.

Lots of good restaurants. Sushi (Sugar Fish), Mexican (El Cholo), Italian (La Botte, Piccolo), French (Melisse), Thai (Thai Kitchen) are all within walking distance.

Every gym from low-end (24 hr. Fitness) to high end (Equinox) to the Mecca (Gold's in Venice).

Lots of good bars in SM off 25th St. (Q's, Cabo, Wilshire) and then there are the Main Street bars near Venice ($10 cab ride to Other Room, Basement, Circle, 31 Ten).

If you're single and earning around 80K, you can live a pretty nice life. More money is obviously better, but you don't need to be rich to "make it" in Santa Monica.

Edit: Just saw you're going to buy. My friend just bought a crib. Helped him along the way and checked out the houses. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions about the real estate market/desirable locations.

Messages In This Thread