rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Teenagers Now Texting 60 Times a Day

Teenagers Now Texting 60 Times a Day

I think we constantly have to learn how to manage new technologies. The computer age/technology age in general has changed the way we live and interact, and some of that has been negative. Videogames have brought more young people (and adults) indoors and made us less active. Many of us DO talk less, but I don't think it has impacted people actually spending time in person as much as some may want to think. Parents need to step in and limit computer/tv time, put a ball in their kid's hand, and kick him out into the street. If your kid is texting too much, take his/her phone, or lay down some guidelines. MANAGE better. Seeing people out socializing, yet always having their phones in their hands or laying right next to them and constantly looking at them is definitely not a positive. A chick taking it doggiestyle while checking her phone is a problem. Folks definitely need to learn to go a while without feeling the need to check their phone out of fear they're missing something. They usually aren't.

I've always enjoyed writing. I recently wrote a letter to one of my internationals in Germany. We were chatting one night, and I was sending her mp3s over yahoo chat, and she sent me her address and asked me to write her a love letter (I wrote her a letter, but it wasn't a "love" letter because I'm not in love with her. But I do want to fuck her though...HA HA). After about a month I wrote her one. She couldn't have been more thrilled to get it. I've always been a letter writer. I actually write with a fountain pen (I got turned on to them in high school, and I've written with them ever since). I was happy for the opportunity to actually write someone in my own hand and put it in the mail. I had gotten away from it, but that's my fault. This particular person gave me a new reason to pull out the pen and stationery. I LOVE the internet and technology, and what I can do with it. The internet has opened the world to me. But there's still nothing stopping me from writing a letter and mailing it. It not as if the person receiving it will send it back unopened and demand I email them instead.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Messages In This Thread