rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Erasing your online past, any tips?

Erasing your online past, any tips?

Something I posted on a travel blog around 3 years ago came back to haunt me recently. I'd forgotten all about it, it was supposed to be password protected (guess there were ways to read it) and has since been deleted but it's still causing problems.

A girl I'm seeing basically found a blog where some wannabe journalist posted an article on his blog linking to mines, trying to shame me for what I'd posted. My blog is no longer there like I say but his article is, along with my picture, my name and town that I live in with him and a bunch of other followers of his blog talking shit about me. I don't care much that the girl found it and she's cool with me still anyway BUT what I do care about is that when I type my name and home town into google this guys blog comes up. Nothing to stop anyone I know, friends or family or future employers finding this and it wouldn't exactly look good to see my picture and me talking about my antics abroad.

I've sent him a polite email asking if he'll remove the post to protect my privacy, explaining it was supposed to be private anyway and the blog is now deleted. Waiting on a response. Even if he does it will still show up in google cache I beleive.

Any ways to get rid of this or push it so far up the rankings of google it's not showing up on the first page? What, if anything, can we do to wipe our online past?

Might be a good thread for people to share tips on remaining anonymous online too.

Messages In This Thread