rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What happened to the go get em' attitude?

What happened to the go get em' attitude?

You are telling me you can scratch enough money together to make a move

[/quote]

That right there tells me that you're more privileged then you'll probably ever admit and have no idea what poor feels like. While Im not poor now, I'm certainly in no position to lose break my lease, loose my $1k deposit and pay to move across the country on a whim. Thats foolish, not "intrepid"

What makes much more sense is to use the last few months of my lease to save money and make plans that way I can make a move out of the area and NOT show up at a city jobless, broke, with no home. This is exactly what I'm doing.

Quote:Quote:

My details are irrelevant though, the point is it can be done.

Details are always relevant.

Just how much you make is relevant. In some areas paying off what you've described could be less then $1000/mo and in others it could be well over $3000/mo.

What the business is, relative to your area, also makes a huge difference. If I tried to move to Maine and open up a lobster joint I'd most likely be shit out of luck real quick as I wouldn't stand out from the crowd and I'd get little to no business.

I think a lot of you guys happened to be in the right place at the right time but you aren't willing to admit that. Your ego wont let you. You want to claim that you hardworked your way though it, and while Im sure you put blood sweat and tears into what you did, there was still an uncontrollable factor that played a big part. Your unwillingness to admit this is why you think "its just that easy, go do it"

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Messages In This Thread