rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Making Male Friends while traveling

Making Male Friends while traveling

I'm not able to make friends over football discussions, as I consider such discussions vapid, and if I was looking for vapid I'd look towards someone with tits. I understand that people get passionate about sports, but I can't bring myself to care. I've tried. Can't do it. I can't care, and I can't empathize with the caring that others feel. I can't bond over inanity.

In fact most men don't interest me, as I find most men to be uninteresting. However a few are interesting. They really stand out, and from the get go I respect and appreciate them and can have a great time just hanging out. Usually those men are good conversationalists with some passions and deep interests in life. Not just fluff and stuff. Fluff and stuff is for girls.

I've heard nothing but negative things about befriending local males in SE Asia. The story goes that in the end they only want stuff from you. I made a go of it with one guy, and we seemed to be good buddies, hanging out often. I was introduced to his circle of friends, and good times were had. One morning he made off with $300 bucks to go buy some meth. Later he met up with me and tried to get me to make a boat purchase from his friend, and acted all offended when I didn't go for it.

I hear it tends to get more difficult to make friends as you get older. In your teens and early twenties friendships form quite easily. Later you tend to associate less broadly. I've rarely gotten to the true deep buddy stage with guys, but that is a relationship that I'm fond of. You can't just meet guys at the bar and jump into that - not often anyway. I guess it's like with women - sometimes there is just chemistry, and that does happen. Bros at first sight. He he.

Messages In This Thread