rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

All of you guys break the law!

All of you guys break the law!

Quote: (03-19-2012 08:37 AM)teh_skeeze Wrote:  

I think the law came off the books recently, but in FL it was illegal to cohabitate with a woman that wasn't your wife. I broke the law for a year and a half and nobody gave a shit.

Apparently there are all sorts of weird laws on the books in the States, and no doubt many other countries as well. The one everyone always jokes about is that oral sex is supposedly illegal in many states. Of course the police never enforce any of the more bizare laws.

Why can't the lawmakers just clean up their statute books to reflect how society actually lives? To be honest having laws on the books, but not enforced because breaking them is tolerated or ignored, freaks me out. It gives the police and prosecuotors too many powers, since they can just decide to actually enforce one of these laws if they feel like it. So they can essentially target a specific person, though many many others may break a particular aw with impunity.

Messages In This Thread