rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I came up with a genius blog idea

I came up with a genius blog idea

Quote: (03-15-2012 01:16 PM)Victorious Wrote:  

Has somebody monetized on a blog?

I also came with an "idea" some time ago, but i always postponed the actual making. Until last weekend i decided to finally execute it, and surprisingly it only took me 2 days to do the whole thing.

The procedure i did was this:

- Buy a domain from godaddy with the hidden WHOIS feature (to remain anonymous).
- Buy the baby plan from HostGator. (Multiple domains, unlimited bandwidth)
- I installed wordpress from HostGator, which is actually trivial to do.
- I compiled some info about this "community" of people interested, that was all in a youtube video and posted 2 posts in the blog.
- I put the link to the blog in the youtube video inviting them to post the conversations in the blog instead of the youtube video.

Now i am little surprised, given that the blog did attract the users interested in the topic of yotube video, and it receives about 20 posts in the blog by day, and about 200 visits daily, this in the first week.

I am expecting to monetize, i just don't know how (this is my first time doing something like this) does anyone have some experience doing this?

Hard to say how to monetize when we don't know the market you are in.

Messages In This Thread