rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are you a polygot player?

Are you a polygot player?

Quote: (03-12-2012 04:24 AM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

Quote: (03-11-2012 06:21 PM)joehoya Wrote:  

He is married to some Macedonian chick, IIRC.

Yeah that's the guy. He has a few videos up and he's bloody impressive.

I don't know if anybody else does this but when I change to my non native language,Russian,my demeanour changes. As in my voice becomes deeper and I undergo physiological changes subconsciously. I had a UK friend visit me in Kyrgyzstan when I studied there and when he first saw me speak Russian he remarked on how my demeanour changed,I stood straighter and my voice went more alpha. I think that speaking in a different language allows you to escape who you really are for a short time.

Agreed Vorkuta. I seem more beta speaking in English than my native language, even though I'd say I'm equally comfortable with both. I speak more softly, with less expression and in a monotone voice. Might be because the time I spent abroad using mostly English coincided with a major beta/depressive period of my life, and when I use the language I subconsciously revert to that frame.

Messages In This Thread