rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Boat ownership

Boat ownership

There is a boat for sale in my area in Indonesia, and I'm intrigued, however I don't know the first thing about boat ownership.

It's a 28 foot motorsailer with an upper cabin and lower birth, and seems to be well fitted out and to be selling at a good price: about $14,000.

I figure it could be used for touring between the islands of Indonesia - is 28 feet big enough for that? What kind of diesel and operating costs would I expect? How do I get training, and how much training is needed to operate such a boat? What sorts of licensing is usually required? How do I legally take it between nations, and is it big enough to do so? Has anyone done any touring around in boats before? How did you enjoy the lifestyle?

I suppose the boat could also be chartered, and I could also try to partner with a scuba instructor or tourist agency to use it for day trips to reefs. Anyone have any experience of setting up such a business and the profitability of such?

Again, I haven't a clue about all aspects of anything I should have a clue about to make such a purchase. But owning a boat would be cool. Seems like a good price and size to start with. Please share your thoughts.

Specs on the boat are:
3m Aluminum Dinghy
15hp Yamaha Enduro Outboard.
Anchor. fenders and oars for dinghy.
Gebo Hatches
V berth double at front.
Folding table / single bed.
Galley with Cooker and fresh water supply, sink and storage.
2x 100l Plastimo flexible fresh water tanks.
Parmax automatic water pump for shower and washdown.
4x BP Solar panels.
45 Nanni Diesel. Just serviced. Low hours.
Garmin GPSmap 550s with Depth sounder transducer.
Auxiliary Garmin GPS.
Raymarine Autopilot
Furuno Depth sounder.
Asia Cellular Satellite Phone.
Engkel Fridge / Freezer
Electronic Marine Toilet
Outdoor shower
Stainless Steel Davit.
Fenders.
Maxwell winches.
Muir Anchor winch.
Roller furling sail.
Recently repaired mainsail and UV covers.
Lifevests
CD player with indoor/outdoor speakers.
VHF Marine radio.
Handheld waterproof VHF.
Many spare parts and tools.
2300w GMC Petrol Generator.

Messages In This Thread