rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bangkok in April, Thoughts from the Bangkok Vets?

Bangkok in April, Thoughts from the Bangkok Vets?

Quote: (03-07-2012 11:01 AM)whosyourdaddy Wrote:  

I'm in Bangkok right now and have been traveling around northern & NE Thailand the last few weeks. If you're not here to see sights all day and stuff, i don't think that Bangkok is all that bad-- it's a lot like Kuala Lumpur, my hotel is a 2-3 minute walk to the BTS station: you can spend most of the hottest part of the day in malls, in the air conditioned BTS (subway) system, there's even skywalks on Sukhumvit and lots of tall buildings with lots of shade. Much better than smaller cities with no air conditioning anywhere and you had to walk out in the hot sun all day.

Also i HIGHLY ADVISE you to wear some nice threads when you come here. You'll stick out in a good way. Thais in Bangkok are very stylish, and the guys in particular mostly seem to wear long pants and trendy clothing that would people in NYC would wear. Too many sunburnt tourists wearing flip-flops or shorts and t-shirts in a metropolitan city, where you'll see many in full business attire on Sukhumvit. You can wear linen based suits and still say cool-- i wear long sleeves and long pants (all linen) and stay as cool as in a tank top and shorts!!

Good advice here. Not sure if Moma was being sarcastic, but the Thais dress very classy in non backpacker clubs. Nice jeans, shoes and a polo would make you the best dressed backpacker, but the Thais dress nice.

Messages In This Thread