rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

World's Worst Tourists?

World's Worst Tourists?

I used to work in the restaurant business for 5 years in downtown Copenhagen. You get to see some interesting patterns.

In my personal experience, nothing comes even remotely close to the sheer lack of situational awareness and social skills of the chinese, and this makes them stand out from anything else I've ever seen or heard of.

Heavily equipped with umbrellas and cameras they go on a crusade, taking millions of pictures of the same unimportant things over and over again. They then proceed by climbing whatever statues and buildings that actually are important, completely unaware if it's a war memorial site or a statue of the queen. Hundreds of pictures are taken here yet again.

Now it's time for lunch.

After the first fifteen seconds at a cafe or restaurant, they've completely refurnished the enitre establishment. They dissolve into small groups, creating even more chaos all over the place.

They're hysterical, they're screaming, they don't greet anyone, they don't smile, and there's no eye-contact or any way of communication whatsoever, until finally the guide or the leader of the group decides to interrupt the waiter who's obviously in the middle of consulting guests at another table, only to point at a picture of some strange food listed in their stupid travel-guide book thing.

After 30 minutes, when all their orders are placed, they finish their meal quickly, pay the bill, never tip, and leave the staff to clean up what can only be described as a warzone. It always looks like someone placed a grenade at the table, blew the entire thing to smithereens and now food is stuck to the chairs and sauce is dripping from the tables. Napkins tossed all over the cadastral - it's a mess every single time. Oh and the ones spitting on the floor thinking that's the most common thing to do in any part of the world, jumping lines too.

They travel without so much as a bare minimum of understanding foreign concepts and culture. They're the most rude, awkward and ignorant people I've ever encountered.

The above story goes for at least 95% of all chinese tourists I've ever dealt with.

With most other nationalities, their behaviour tends to vary at least to some degree. That's not the case here.

and that's the end of that!

Messages In This Thread