rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Importance of dead lift

Importance of dead lift

Quote: (10-30-2013 02:38 PM)reaper23 Wrote:  

Quote: (10-30-2013 02:34 AM)Hades Wrote:  

Just alternate your mixed grip - grip and rip, set back down, change hands, repeat. I'm not a fan of the hook grip for extended lifting sessions.

Most of the time I stick to double overhand (straight up beast mode) but if I'm doing a lot of oly lifts and deadlifts on the same day it can get too strenuous for the forearms.

Straps are actually a good investment and defensible if you lift enough to merit their use. Make sure to lift with and without straps, but it is smart to start lifting with straps, then do a death set or two of deadlifts without them. Plenty of lifters will only do two or three sets of deadlifts then pussy out of more sets because they couldn't heave the weight off the ground - problem is usually a grip that's been exhausted. My guess is that the CNS does not fire all the way if it believes that you can't grab what you're trying to heave off the ground.

I DL over 500. consistently do reps in the 430-480 range. no straps.

you don't need them. get stronger!

take two 25 Kg lbs kettlebells and try to run/jog/walk 800 meters with them, only moving while you're able carry them at full extension.

that'll do it!

Yeah I turned 17 a few weeks ago and am training on 340lbs, but have never used straps. Its better to have great grip strength and just train that as well then use them. Another good exercise to increase grip strength is towel chin-ups. Just put a barbell on top of the squat rack and do them on there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UytoYzngN2Q

Messages In This Thread