rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Banker's Tip To Waitress: "Get A Real Job"

Banker's Tip To Waitress: "Get A Real Job"

Quote: (02-29-2012 12:19 AM)Goldin Boy Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

Divide again by a 1000 and then subtract by itself to equal zero.

Like I said before. Low skill or high skill, "educated" or not doesn't matter. If there's a high demand for their services and they're working off commission and busting their ass for it...why put a limit on their income?

Wait...I smell jealousy...

I'm unionized so it's not jealousy you're smelling. Soap is inexpensive.

You think they should be tipped just b/c there's a demand for them. Ok. I have to elaborate: Waiting is easy to learn, anyone here with legs and at least one arm can do it. The lack of skill means said waitresses are easily replaceable. Why reward someone for being an interchangeable cog? She scribbled 3 words and walked 30 yards...do you want to give her a Purple Heart too?

I'll ask this question again and this time to you...have you worked as a server in a restaurant (or similar service job that paid in tips)?

If you have ways to live comfortably with minimum wage we're all ears.

"Stupid easy to learn," sure can't argue with that... but lots of people want to pay for what these servers learned, who are you to stop these servers from earning their keep?

Let's say you got a huge pay raise from your boss that will be enough to buy a mini-mansion and retire you in 2 years. How would you feel if your union took more dues from you because they feel "you're earning too much" for your skill or educational background?

If you don't want to pay, by all means be my guest. I have to warn you though, if you return to that same restaurant with the same server you might get "extra sauce, drippings, and shavings" almost undetected with your food. Believe me...I once went #2, didn't wash my hands so I had a little somethin'-somethin' on my hands, and *volunteered* to serve the a-hole who didn't tip last time after kissing his ass, meeting his needs, and serving him as soon as the food and drinks were ready. I literally made a person eat shit.

Messages In This Thread