rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Banker's Tip To Waitress: "Get A Real Job"

Banker's Tip To Waitress: "Get A Real Job"

Everyone who has never worked as a server (or similar service position) should shut the fuck up about this issue, because you really have no clue what you are talking about.

If all servers in California got paid was minimum wage, no one would be getting served shit because the job isn't worth $8 an hour, which you can not live on in California. And I know your reply "Well then they should get better jobs!", but then who the fuck would serve you your food if they did that?

Quote: (02-28-2012 01:52 AM)kerouac Wrote:  

And bear in mind that if the tip is in cash, that income is tax free.

I take it you have never worked as as a server in California, so you are just talking out of your ass. Cash tips in California are not tax free, you have to claim them, and some restaurants (Chilis, where I worked) go to greater lengths than you would think to make sure you do. If our credit tips were too far out of proportion to our cash tips we claimed, we could get reprimanded and even fired.

Messages In This Thread