rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Banker's Tip To Waitress: "Get A Real Job"

Banker's Tip To Waitress: "Get A Real Job"

Quote: (09-21-2017 02:00 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

Quote: (09-21-2017 12:21 PM)Thrill Jackson Wrote:  

I always hates this tipping bullshit. Servers should get paid by the hour like any other position.

Your a good server?:you get a raise
Your a bad sever?: you get minimum wage.

If I could I would only tips the cooks/dishwasher. They are the ones making sure my meal is clean/good.

I can get the food/ drink my damn self

Why do you hate tipping? And if you do, you better not be a libertarian.

Tipping is one of the few situations where the customer gets complete freedom to set the price however he sees fit.

I think a lot of people hate tipping because true freedom is too much work.

I don't agree with you about the worthlessness of waiters. I would rather have a good waiter in a pretty good restaurant than a bad waiter in a great restaurant.

A good waiter can turn your whole night around, can steer you clear of shady specials, can make you look like a genius to your date, can leave you alone when you are obviously deep in conversation, and then suddenly appear the minute you need a drink refill or dessert, or almost anything really.

I used to work in a really classy restaurant in college, one I could never afford eating in, and I won a free meal there. I ended up in the section of the best waiter they had, and it was amazing how my workplace was transformed from table cloths to change and plates to drop into an excellent experience.

Because the guy serving was so on top of things from the start, I could just sit back and relax and enjoy the experience, the awesome view, and the company of my girlfriend. It was like a changed reality.

I didn't have to worry about ordering the wrong thing, looking like a fool with the wine list (I was 19 so maybe I should say the soft drink list.) or like rube choosing wrong appetizers with right meals. The dude came in, and made it all smooth, correcting some of my choices seamlessly, making it seem like it was my idea, complimenting me, and then my date, without hitting on her.

How often do you just get to sit back and have a great experience without having to think ahead about what can go wrong?

You can even show up at a restaurant stressed out and frazzed, and a good waiter can put you at ease and give you a good experience, and make you look like the man to your girl.

And here is the kicker. If he doesn't you don't even have to pay him.

I love tipping. It offers instant feedback to the worker and keeps him on his toes, an awesome incentive, really for any worker. And it give you as a customer total freedom to set the price any way you want to.

I am aware that there is too much tipping in the culture, end even baristas want something just for pouring a cup of coffee. It has gone overboard for sure.

For some jobs though, it works exactly as it should, and waiting tables is one of them. And even if you do have a waiter who isn't the best, think how you would feel if you had to collect your paycheck one dollar at a time off a table. It isn't an easy job, and there is an art to it.

Having a good waiter is like having a personal butler (that has been with you for years) for about an hour. It is a personal service, not a rote trade. It allows the common man to feel like a rich guy for a while.

I understand where you are coming from in a high end restaurants where your food needs to be cooked a certain way/where the server recommends some wine/etc etc but in these bullshit chain restaurants where the only thing a server does is make small talk/ fill up you drink/ take your food order and if your lucky has a nice set of tits then they deserve as much as the cook if not less. There is no art for writing down on a piece of paper i want a hamburger with a side of fries with a glass of water.

Growth Over Everything Else.

Messages In This Thread