rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sh*t Is Hitting The Fan In America

Sh*t Is Hitting The Fan In America

I just saw this ad on TV and it pissed me off. This is EXACTLY what the powers that be want Americans to do--fight against each other like rats and leave their disproportionate power over land, wealth, income, and resources unchallenged.

I know there's been strong and intense debate over illegal immigration but this is the first time I've seen something specifically against LEGAL immigration--which is a practice the US has depended on since its founding.

Over half of the PhD's awarded in the US are to immigrants.

The ad was also disingenuous because it said America had the highest immigration numbers in the western world. Well, we also have the largest population. We have the largest number of immigrants, but not the highest "rate." Canada accepts a larger percentage of immigrants than us by a landslide, as does several western European countries.

I guess what annoys me so much about this ad is that I'm the first in my family to grow up in the States. We're all citizens, and I wasn't even born in the US, but I was here since I was two months old, speak English with a perfect American accent, and I'm well-educated, so I consider myself second generation, in my views and identity. I see myself as an American.

Anyway, I'm sure there are those who agree and disagree, which is fine. I just think between this debate against a bedrock principle, and the rise in gas prices, lack of jobs, etc. the US could be looking at some very difficult days ahead. No telling where that could lead.

Just goes to show the truth in that saying that goes something like "they come after me today, then you tomorrow."

Messages In This Thread