rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Something that I'm seeing regularly that pisses me off

Something that I'm seeing regularly that pisses me off

Quote: (02-23-2012 04:20 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Quote: (02-23-2012 03:21 PM)Baldwin81 Wrote:  

It's not always the the stay-at-home wife/mother that "can't be bothered" to stay with the kid all the time.

When a blue-pill provider man and a modern career woman have a child their already-too-high expenses go up. They both need to work to maintain the lifestyle, neither can or wants to stay home, but they most certainly don't want to do the "prolie" daycare option. Enter the nanny.

Sometimes I think that modern, upper-middle class America is the most depressing mind-fuck in the history of civilization.

I haven't done the math, but I think you could live nearly as well having your wife as a housewife, i.e. on one income:

1. Only one car.
2. She homeschools the kids --> don't have to live in a distant suburb that's expensive because it has good schools. Lower rent, lower commute time. Could live close enough to work to walk, bike or use public transport.
3. Shop at Costco, cook at home.
4. No nannies, maids, cooks, gardeners. Wife cooks, cleans, gardens, even sews.
5. Try living in a smaller place close to a park, so that a small-sized home won't be such a big deal.

What are the major expenses? Rent, car, food, clothes. Set it up right, and you could potentially slash all of those.

Question is, how many American women would sign up for that?

I have a friend of mine from high school, he is expecting his 2nd child shortly. We/they live in a high end suburb. They will be paying $3400 for 2 kids in child care. Whats crazy is that they wife has a decent job making around 50k/year. Its has a little bit more prestige than the salary would indicate.
She cant be taking home much more than 4k a month from her job. Basically, she is working so she can send the 2 toddlers to day care.
What?????
These 2 aren't stupid either and my friend is not your typical beta.

The reasons for this are:
1. She will go crazy if she is stuck in the house with the kids all day.
2. Her career is important.

Anyway, they will probably wind up getting a live in illegal nanny or something like that, I doubt they will pay the $3400 for very long, but why would you even consider doing something like that its crazy.

Stupid Americans.

Messages In This Thread