rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's Your Myers-Briggs Personality?

What's Your Myers-Briggs Personality?

My belief is that assigning one of 16 groups to yourself is a wrong tactic and just prays on the same mental errors as people believing in newspaper horoscopes.

Unless you are more then about 75% on any of the four axis, don't corner yourself by believing that this Meyers-Briggs test tells anything significant about you. The test is culturally relative, relative of your mood, of the iteration of the test maker, relative of many factors.

There is danger in taking these tests too seriously and believing false things about yourself, limiting your potential and limiting potential of other people who may turn out acting very differently then their four letter group abbreviation predict.

For instance if the person scores only 55% in I, N , T and J, he may very well turn out to be a full ESFP and a direct opposite of what the group he is assigned, because he might be in a different mood and of a different introspective capacity on the day he filled the test as opposed to the persona he puts up when dealing with other people.

These tests only tell you something important about yourself if you score more then about 75% on any of the axis. Then you can really assume about yourself that this test tells about some quality of yourself that you should consider when making career, relationship or other decisions. On the qualities where you score less then 75% on either direction - assume nothing and don't subscribe to any type. Don't limit yourself. At least learn about the neighboring types and consider whether you could function like them too.

Also your type can change too - I almost always scored as INTJ before - but when I got a promotion and now have people working under me I score ENTJ. So it is not that your personality determines your life - your life also makes you change your personality to some extent. I believe that extent to be no less then the center 50% of the most test axis. I fell perfectly fine functioning as both I and E based on circumstances and number of people surrounding me. Some similar ambiguity exists for other characteristics too.

Messages In This Thread