rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's Your Myers-Briggs Personality?

What's Your Myers-Briggs Personality?

Quote: (02-21-2012 06:20 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (02-21-2012 06:04 PM)BortimusPrime Wrote:  

INTP, but seriously, has anyone ever taken this test and learned something they didn't already know about themselves?

In ways yes, and in ways no. I think what it provides is clarity and it gives you a framework(based upon science and research) in understanding how people function and interact. It also helped me understand why I just "click" better with certain people than other. Whereas before I thought whether you click with someone was just completely random and couldn't be explained. I've found that I'm more likely to click with NT types than any other type. And I found that very strong ES types I can't be around too much. Not saying this should limit who you interact with, but it is a good tool for understanding how others work. If you get good at quickly reading people's type by looking for clues, you will become better at building fast rapport with others. If it's obvious that someone is an ES type, you know you aren't going to get far having any sort of deep, theoretical conversation with them. Learning how to build fast rapport is certainly a valuable tool any gamesmen's pocket.

I did.

But more importantly, I think it helps me understand other people.

Messages In This Thread