rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's Your Myers-Briggs Personality?

What's Your Myers-Briggs Personality?

Quote: (02-21-2012 12:52 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Reppin' the ENTP. Surprised there aren't more of us. I took a pretty rigorous version for a class I had, though it's not as simple as the four letters. If I recall correctly, I was assigned a number between 1 and 10 for each attribute, with 1 being say, lightly extroverted, and 10 highly extroverted.

The teacher had a nice demonstration of the test, right before our eyes. He selected two groups of 4, and told them that they had decide as a team where to go for a vacation. They could go anywhere they liked, but they had to go together. Then each group would tell the rest of the class what each had decided.

I was in one of these groups, and each of my teammates wanted something slightly different, but we managed to quickly agree on traveling the Meditteranean coast, which would accommodate all the desires of the people in my group. The members of the other group also had different desires. Instead of settling on one place though, they told the class, decided to jet around to different places and spend half their vacation effectively on an airplane, because they couldn't decide on a single area like my group did. Basically, they were a real anal-retentive stubborn bunch. I remember especially a loud ugly Indian girl in their group, who despite having a shrieky voice, never stopped talking and voicing her opinions to no one in particular.

Then the teacher revealed that my group was comprised of people highest in Perception, and the other was the highest in Judgment. Everyone was like "ahhhhh."

Another ENTP here. Those descriptions seem very accurate.

Funnily enough a girl I went on a date with recently told me about doing the same exercise at the finance company where she works. She was on the J side of that exercise and had similar results. They drew a grid of the places they wanted to go to, decided they'd charter a private jet and then decided the optimum itinerary.

She painted the P side as more dysfunctional and unable to come up with a solid plan.

It never went further with her.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Messages In This Thread