rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Aruba - Any one have any experience?

Aruba - Any one have any experience?

Quote: (09-17-2009 09:10 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Quote: (09-17-2009 08:54 PM)MHaes Wrote:  

Why not go to Venezuela, where their seems to be an unending supply of super models?

1. Ugly cities.

2. Nightlife sucks.

3. Political situation.

4. La ley seca. (The last 4 weekends I spent in Venezuela, la ley seca was in operation which means no sale of booze in any form from Friday to Sunday). No bars, no clubs, no booze sold in stores - NOTHING.

5. Currency. Their currency (the Bolivar) is artificially pegged at a ridiculous rate against the dollar which means you have to take enough US dollars with you (i.e. thousands of dollars per month you are there) and exchange them on the black market. If you don't do that and use the offical bank rate, you end up paying a 100% markup on everything from hotels to food to transport - EVERYTHING.

6. Unless you have Venezuelan friends / contacts you are not going to meet the hot girls because the nightlife is pretty non-existent. I spent a month there traveling the whole country. I speak Spanish and have Venezuelan friends and I would only be able to recommend 2 or 3 bars to you in the ENTIRE country that I thought were any good.

7. Corrupt police. In the whole of south america Venezuela is the only place were I had a problem with corrupt police hassling tourists. I got stop searched outside my hotel in Caracas and the police planted drugs in my wallet as part of their "search", threatened to beat me up, threatened me with prison and wanted a bribe. I talked my way out of it in Spanish, used the press card they found in my wallet (I am a freelance journalist and I politely hinted that I would write about the experience after which they became much less aggressive to me) and got my Venezuelan friend on the phone who has contacts high up in the Venezuelan army to talk to them. Only then did they let me go. I did not pay them shit but it took a good 45 minute conversation in Spanish (they did not speak English).

In short, it's not worth the hassle. I have been to Argentina, Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru so far on this trip around south america and Venezeula is the only country I did not pick up and f-close a local girl.

Add in one of the worse crime rates in Latin America. Situation is so bad I think you now have Venezuelans fleeing into Columbia. Nothing I ever hear about Venezuela makes me want to go there. Venezuelan women ARE hot though.

Messages In This Thread