rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Money Matters - What would you suggest?

Money Matters - What would you suggest?

Rudeboy,
Cost of living in the 2nd and 3rd tier cities in Brasil are a lot lower than say in Rio or SP where the cost of living is as high or even higher than TO or even NYC. Provided you learn the lingo and want to build a social circle, in a 2nd tier city in Brasil, I'd say 3-4k/month would give you a very nice lifestyle. In a 3rd tier city, make that 2-3k/month. By nice lifestyle, I mean nice pad, in decent area of town, going out 4-5 times a week, eating out most of the time, going to a nice beach/or travel to nearby place once a month alone or with a girlfriend. A few years ago, a friend of mine, she bought a nice penthouse in the heart of downtown Curitiba for about 72k Reais or about 45k$. I'm sure if one were to pound the streets heavy and build a solid social network of trustworthy local friends, you could find similar deals in the 50-60k range without a problem in those 2nd and 3rd tier cities.

Agreed with Bixx on the stock market, if you understand it well, get into it, if not, don't get seduced by a smooth talker to get into it. The only winner would be him unless a total fluke. A much better alternative is real estate. When I was living in BKK and LOS, I saw a lot of condos starting at 1M Bahts (about 30k$). I'd reckon with 40-50k, you could get yourself a nice pad in a good part of BKK no problem. Spend an extra 5-10k and you can have it fully furnished and pimped really nice. My plan is to pay off my mortgage in TO in the next 3-4 years and then, start buying places in different parts of the world such as Brasil, Thailand, south of France, south of Spain etc...and then, get the hell out of this s.hole once and for good!

Messages In This Thread