rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Interracial Marriages Rising in the US

Interracial Marriages Rising in the US

Quote: (02-16-2012 04:53 PM)hydrogonian Wrote:  

Quote: (02-16-2012 04:44 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Quote: (02-16-2012 04:31 PM)hydrogonian Wrote:  

Quote: (02-16-2012 04:27 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

I never made any mention of "white privilege" or the like. Your comments were inappropriate and hysterical. You made presumptuously ignorant ad hominem attacks against me for simply dropping a link about the rise in interracial marriages. Disagree with the ensuing posts made by others as you may, but you have no basis for attacking me personally.

Are your threads not often race specific? Why?

Completely false. Show me.

You know what?

Without digging around in your threads, becasue I don't have the time, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here. You have my complete retraction of that statement. I won't even say "maybe your threads are, and maybe they aren't often race specific". I'll say: "I have no evidence that your threads are often race specific".

Okay? (although, is this your only race specific thread, I ask you? You tell me)

Let's move on: it's irrelvant. What is relevant is that there are often race specific threads on this forum.

This is one of them, and it is yours, although I acknowledge that the initial topic is innocent enough. However, my point about where these threads often devolve remains.

Also, my point about taking responsibility for the devolved content of race specific threads remains.

That being said, most of my comment wasn't targetting your thread topic, but the devolved content. I reiterate that my response was appropriate.

Thank you for the retraction. I appreciate the honesty. There's some guys on here who would never do that, even when they are clearly in the wrong, so kudos for that.

As for the interracial marriage rise, I actually view it as a good thing, no matter the race of the male or female getting married.

I actually think one of the best ways for Americans to move beyond race is to start fucking each other, but that's just me.

It annoys me as well when I see topics that touch on race devolve into conversations about racism and politics. That's unfortunate, but it also shows to a degree where we are in the US. I disagree with a lot of the commentary made here in that arena, but I don't hold it to heart.

I'm definitely well aware of the potential for threads that touch on race to get hijacked by trolls. That's why I do my best to avoid those discussions or introduce articles or threads that may invite them.

Everyone is going to have a different opinion on the matter and many of us will disagree.

I'm happy to not just have dated and slept with girls of different races, but my personal male friends are from different races as well. That's one of the great things about the US IMO. You can get to know people from all walks of life.

As for where I stand, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I'll pretty much cosign what Morgan Freeman says here:

As for the discussion of white privilege, it's controversial, and I think it's best to leave it out of this thread, but you might want to watch what Tim Wise has to say about it. He makes some good points that you may or may not agree with. I talked about this clip with my former boss, who is a wealthy white man. He loved it.

Messages In This Thread