rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Southbound Moma

Southbound Moma

Quote: (02-15-2012 11:57 AM)DjembaDjemba Wrote:  

I'm mixed race black/white. I've been to most major Canadian cities, Calgary, Alberta, Halifax, Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo and I find the culture of Toronto to be the most tolerable (not accepting, just tolerable).

I have a business degree in Econ, with some other certificates on the side. In terms of the job market, I have a ok paying job (high 50s low 60s) but it's not stable. As with most Canadians my age I'm knee deep in debt (Student loans, credit card you name it). Been trying to better my situation. Been to some recruiters for career opportunities and during most interviews I've asked for a comparable salary to what I make now (I usually quote 60k) and I'm laughed at. "You want 60k?" All we can offer is 35-45k. So I figure I'm fucked if my company is taken over or I get laid off, a very likely possibility I work for a tiny firm.

It's almost as if the whole Toronto Job market is stuck at 35-60k jobs.

I live alone to boot. No lizard, no parents. I'm all about self reliance. Been thinking about Oil Sands, USA, or any other boom region looking for willing workers.

Tried doing the lottery visa, no luck, as a Canadian citizen I'm automatically rejected.

Maybe I should try to find a US employer. Or even look at some other countries or suck it up and move to Alberta.

You really should try a US employer. That's the only way I can think of besides marrying a US lizard. Either that or Alberta. I've heard Saskatoon is supposed to be booming or is that more Canadian propaganda?

I'm glad you see where I am coming from. I think a lot of cats in the US don't see that we are really starving up here.

I always keep it real. A lot of Canadians like to just pretend everything is hunky dory so as not to admit that the Americans have won.
Fcuk dat.

Practically everyone says I have the golden ticket (Willy Wonka) when i told them I got the visa. Why is that, pray tell?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Messages In This Thread