rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Will Poland change beyond recognition after Euro2012?

Will Poland change beyond recognition after Euro2012?

Quote: (02-14-2012 04:11 PM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

Quote: (02-14-2012 02:33 PM)Pilgrim37 Wrote:  

Quote: (02-12-2012 07:43 PM)Citizen_Boris Wrote:  

Like someone posted earlier on, it’s not the tournament itself that does the damage, it’s the way it puts the various places into the sights of budget airlines.

I’d bet enormous piles of cash on Lviv going to shit first.

It doesn’t make any difference that England aren’t playing there, it’s simply that it ticks all the right boxes:

Firstly, they’ll be flying to a shiny new airport renovation, secondly it’s close enough to Poland to not be too scary and foreign to the stag night crowd...

Most importantly, it’s the only place in Ukraine that has a largely untouched UNESCO protected centre.

Stag groups don’t go to places like Donetsk and Kharkiv, they’re too much effort, and have no tourist architecture whatsoever.

You’ve got to remember when these groups of guys plan these trips, it’s got to have some loose holiday/weekend break feel about it to appease the wife/girlfriend back home, and not make you look like an obvious sex tourist... ALL the places on the stag map have quaint medieval centers (even though the whole trip revolves around beer and strippers).

That’s why places like Bratislava didn’t fair as badly as Prague. Budapest, although bad, has also not done too badly because the nightlife is spread out and the city doesn't have one main drinking square (Vaci U. excepted) I hate to say it but Lviv looks perfect for being ruined. (Maybe not for a while)

Poland won’t be too bad. There’s TONS of flights there from Britain already, they’ve had years to ruin places outside Krakow...

I can only talk about English guys (I’m from there) I have no idea about Dutch etc.

Sounds like a decent time to set up a Hostel and decent Bar in Lviv .

Not easy to set up any business in Ukraine. The landlords are the biggest cunts on the planet. Almost everyone I know has had issues here, the guy will say "Oh sorry but my cousin Oleg is coming back to town, you have to leave in two days". Contracts are not worth the paper they are written on.

Then you have the legal issues to deal with, you need lawyers for everything, and they're crooks.

Know a guy who ran a hostel in Ukraine, landlord decided to throw him out because he wanted to have his own hostel there instead.

Everyone is out to rob you here, from the builders to the accountant.

Working online is perfect for me.

That's a shame as owning a bar or hostel would open up things socially,butI suspected as much,good to have a in field confirmation!

What's your online business?

Messages In This Thread