rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Karl Lagerfeld calls singer Adele fat

Karl Lagerfeld calls singer Adele fat

Quote: (03-19-2012 04:22 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

Quote: (03-19-2012 01:50 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

Agreed basilransom - if I want to hear a voice like that I go for the real thing and throw on Aretha Franklin or Ann Peebles.

Do you think she's somehow trying to imitate a black singer, as opposed to simply having that kind of voice? England actually puts out a lot of these "soulful" white girls, like Joss Stone, Amy Winehouse and even Lisa Stansfield before them.

Amy Winehouse is another example.

It's definitely a style that comes from black American singers. It's a stylistic thing and it can work for anyone who has the voice. There's no reason white girls shouldn't be able to sing like that. I just find Adele's voice less soulful and more forced than the truly great singers I mentioned. That's where it sometimes feels like imitation than something truly heartfelt.

Nothing wrong with working your voice in a certain way to hit a particular style; Mick Jagger went to an English private school and sings like an American rock/blues singer and it works. Amy Winehouse had a great, natural sounding unforced voice.

Not hating here; I'm sure Adele will grow into her voice more as she matures.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Messages In This Thread