rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Let's talk cigars

Let's talk cigars

a few random thoughts.

first, before you consider brand, consider intensity and shape.

cigars like Macanudo or Davidoff are very good but very mild. akin to a blended whisky or mixed drink

something like Arturo Feunte is full bodied. akin to Jack Daneils or Johnny Walker.

Patron would be on the more bold end. akin to Tequila in my book.

the liquors I mentioned are not perfect analogies but the point is that even though Davidoff or Macanudo are premium brands, they are very mild, and your smoking experience is going to be very different depending on what kind of cigar you select.

second is shape. the larger ring gauge (diameter) the more smoke you get with each draw and less heat. Personally I like Robustos or Churchills for this reason. The lenght is just a function of how long it will last. A Robusto might last an hour while a Churchill closer to two. Its a shame to spend the money on a nice cigar and then only smoke half of it, so keep that in mind when selecting.

as for women, 20 years ago smoking a cigar was trendy, but that probably ended with the dot com crash. Smoking a cigar these days is probably on net a turn off to women. I smoke less frequently these days, and usually only when I am in male company.

Messages In This Thread