rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is being quiet a bad quality?

Is being quiet a bad quality?

Quote: (01-31-2012 01:57 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

You sound way to introspective to be in a fraternity. If you're quiet, why do you want to be around a bunch of rowdy fratboys? I tend to be quiet if I'm around people I'm not vibing with and just don't have much to say to. I don't like talking just for the sake of talking. I also don't like loud obnoxious fratboy types that like to run their mouths all the time while saying little of any substance. If that your temperament doesn't mesh with a frat, why join it? What does a frat do for you that you can't do for yourself anyway?
They aren't really that rowdy. Most of them were pretty laid back.

Also, one of the main reasons I wanted to join a fraternity was that I am a Mechanical Engineering major. Being a SEMTE major has made it really hard for me to meet attractive girls, even at the parties I find. Also, I am a bit shy and insecure, I felt that being around a group of guys that are a lot more confident than me would help me break out of my shell.

Quote: (01-31-2012 07:48 AM)ElJefe Wrote:  

In general or just for this frat?
Just in general.

Quote: (01-31-2012 03:44 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quiet from a position of strength = Good

Quiet from a position of weakness = not so good.

Silence is one of the most powerful tools you have.

Use it wisely.
Yeah, this makes a lot of sense.

Quote: (01-31-2012 09:03 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Quiet is bad, being sparing with your words is good. Knowing the difference is the hard part.
How do you know the difference, or do you simply find out over time?

Also, thanks for all the replies guys.

Messages In This Thread