rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I have to choose between two job offers, any advice?

I have to choose between two job offers, any advice?

Quote: (04-08-2015 07:59 PM)Suits Wrote:  

I thought a little more on this and have some suggestions.

If you've got $100K liquid, you've got enough to fulfill the start-up cash requirements of a WFOE corporation in China in virtually any industry.

On the other hand, $100K is not that much money. A few screw-ups and you could blow through that pretty fast.

Hey thanks for the suggestions Suits.

The thing is, I hate dealing with Chinese people within a business framework: they are dishonest, lack confidence and so they get pissy and worst of all they are vindictive.

I have friends here in my city that work for BMW and parts suppliers for BMW/Brilliance Auto. The shit they complain about is absurd and I would kill someone. I make more money teaching English except for the real engineers at BMW than all the other people working here doing real jobs: ie accountants, controllers, human resources.

Other guys I know here have opened restaurants and they work LONG hours. From what I see they are not making money.

I'm not much of a business person. I like to teach because I get some good discussions going, I help young people and I live in a beautiful university campus instead of a loud, crowded urban area. Its peach blossom season on campus now and its pleasant. I walk around between classes and sit on park benches, seems better than business to me. But that's a personal feeling, everyone is different.

Usually I talk to my superiors twice a year: I get my schedule and I turn in my scores. Sometimes those are done by email and then we don't see each other at all. I am the king of the campus, teaching some students for undergrad and then later as grad students. So its an easy life.

I do agree: 100k can easily be pissed away so Im leaning towards the money option.

Messages In This Thread