rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How can the average guy build some fame?

How can the average guy build some fame?

Quote: (04-09-2015 05:48 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

Blogging is certainly one of the easiest but it can take a long time and is never a guarantee. Of course, nothing in life is ever guaranteed.

If you want to become known for anything you have to become skilled (or relevant) at something people are interested in, and then market yourself well. No easy task and at minimum most people will only ever scrape the surface of temporary mediocrity.

We live in an age where more people than ever are trying to become "someone." It's not enough to just focus on fame anymore. Like a lot of other posters have mentioned, fame takes timing, skill, positioning, and a lot of luck.

In my opinion, it's always better to focus and develop a skill or something you enjoy as a hobby. Stay driven but don't have high expectations. Put yourself out there but avoid obsessing over the end goal. Have fun, work hard, enjoy life, stay disciplined and driven, and good things will come.

Let me explore this thought about "blogging."

I never considered myself going into blogging. Because I have nothing to write about. I'm 23...what fucking life experiences do I have? Not much.

Meanwhile here are my hobbies:

Reading
Sleeping
Exercise/weight lifting
Basketball (ball is life)
Eating
Drinking
Booty

Out of these...which could I take public and get some fame for? Eating. Food. What if I became a local food blogger? (For the people - I'm in a small city of maybe 120k people. There are no "food critiques" here).

Any thoughts? I would love to have some "Anthony Bourdain" fame.

Messages In This Thread