rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My last deadlift

My last deadlift

Quote: (04-09-2015 04:16 AM)RichieP Wrote:  

Healthy bodies should be able to deadlift.

This

Deadlifting is picking objects from floor. I wonder how people can be so vain and still care about "adding muscle" if they are not able to pick objects from floor. IMO it's better to be functional even if skinny then to be a handicapped mass of useless muscle.

All this time spent in gym working with isolation exercises is just willfully induced blindness if you ran from the fact that you can't pick up stuff from floor.

Imagine the humiliation - an orderly relative asks you to carry his bag of groceries for a minute because you look so strong and well built. You try to pick it up but as you try to lift it you suddenly feel pain in your back, you drop the bag spilling its contents all over the floor and barely get your back straight. The older person says "Well it's ok sonny you need a rest, I will take care of it myself" picks up the contents and carries the bag away slowly while thinking that the young generation sure are pussies. Any Young girls witnessing this situation cover their mouths with their hands to hide laughter. Do you want to be that guy?

If you don't use your picking up motion then one day it will atrophy and one day you will suffer for it.

The fact that you got pain while deadlifting 160 lbs means nothing, you should start with empty barbell and if that is still to much then use empty dumbbell and then gradually increase your weight. Now if you cannot execute the motion then you should see a doctor but if you can you should slowly build it up.

Maybe you will never be a great deadlifter, maybe your maximum deadlift ever will be 160 pounds but if you still deadlift regularly, if you just lift for 3 sets once a week with whatever weight you can do it safely then at least you will know what you are capable of and you will know what you can and cannot do in real life.

If you don't deadlift then whatever strength you think you have is just an illusion. Anytime in real life you need to lift an odd weight the chances are load will somehow shift to lower back and you will get injured.

Messages In This Thread