rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My last deadlift

My last deadlift

I injured my back deadlifting too, years ago. My form was good, I thought I'd had a great workout, I didn't feel anything happen. But I went home and a few hours later my back was tight and fucked, and I could hardly move out of the chair. Spent weeks where the only thing that helped the pain was going for walks which seemed to loosen it up.

I do deadlift again now, but only partials off at least 4 inch blocks, and I don't push too hard (I run 5/3/1 for the movement, but only do the prescribed reps, no AMRAP sets). I actually really enjoy the partials and feel like they're just as beneficial, and much easier to keep a neutral spine for taller people.

As for not injuring oneself if using good form etc., I'd generally agree that good form reduces risk greatly, but then I've seen biceps go on the preacher bench on warm up sets, and pec tears on the bench with 135, all with good form (and these were experienced guys with no previous injuries, no imbalances, or tight muscles as far as I was aware).

Messages In This Thread