rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

South Carolina Officer Is Charged With Murder in Unarmed Man’s Death

South Carolina Officer Is Charged With Murder in Unarmed Man’s Death

Looking at this only through race is a mistake, as Basil said.

It's at least as much about the way the police are nowadays. I'll throw in 9/11 and the glorification of uniformed forces since then, and the media. We get constant propaganda about how police are heroes, even though they are often either lazy or overaggressive, and their duties are light in most places relative to their pay and benefits. Soon as there is a police shooting, authoritarians scramble to justify it. This boosts the tribal narrative of us vs. them, even if the "tribe" you identify with is oppressive state authority.

I just checked Drudge Report, which is supposed to be doing breaking news and plays every video of black-on-white assault prominently. Nothing on this shooting. A big example of how media outlets selectively report. I'm sure he will have a story once they dig up some dirt on the dead guy. Classic Orwellian shit.

The guy shot was 50 years old, a little younger than me. I've run from the police in my younger days, for minor teenage shit like drinking beer in the park. This guy probably the same. I heard a report he had a warrant for non-payment of child support. He had failed to absorb and adapt to the new reality of out-of-control cops. No country for old men, no sense, no mercy.

Messages In This Thread