rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Huge Beginners Guide to Men's Style

Huge Beginners Guide to Men's Style

Hey everybody I was wondering if you all could help me out.

I'm an American going to Europe this summer and I want to look good. I have gotten my style down pretty good with the button down shirts and the size length. I wear them untucked for a casual look and make sure the button down shirts are even all the way around the bottom of them and don't have the "v" shape towards the bottom of it where it's supposed to be tucked in. However, it will be hot during the summer time in Europe. About me I'm 5'10 and 145 pounds, yes pretty skinny I know. I would much rather wear long sleeve button down shirts, as they fit my frame better since I'm skinny but as I said this might not be a choice in the summer time. So these are my questions:

1. Should I wear short sleeve button down shirts? If so, should the sleeves go just below my shoulders or just above my shoulders? Keep in mind I'm skinny without muscle as well.

2. Should I keep my long sleeve shirts and just roll them up? One of the things I don't want to happen is to get hot as shit in the club.

3. I have a few button down shirts where they are fitted for my neck size (I had it measured at the store), but they're to long at the bottom and have the "v" shape to them at the bottom. Can I take these shirts to a tailoring shop to trim it down so there's no longer a "v" shape at the bottom? Or are tailoring shops only for suits? Furthermore, could I have these shirts made into short sleeve button down shirts? I've had a hard time finding button down shirts that aren't to long on me in stores.

4. Normally with my button down shirts I wear white reeboks and some dark blue jeans with them. I guess this is looked down upon and perhaps I need to upgrade my shoes - would brown "loafers" be ok with a button down blue shirt and blue jeans?

5. In central Europe during the summer time, can I just wear the long sleeve button down shirts without sweating my ass off at night time or will be that be impossible?

6. In Budapest and other capitol central European cities, do they have dry cleaners like they do in the USA? I can have my button down shirts dry cleaned and pressed for a nice $1.50 down the road which saves me time and money. I'm hoping they have laundromats similar to this in Budapest and other capitol European cities?

7. Last question - This might seem like a stupid question. My belt keeps getting a tear in it after a few months. The pants that I have now are are a little loose on my waist. I don't want to go any size lower because then my junk feels uncomfortable and it's to tight for me. I also use the same belt for work (I always have my shirt untucked so nobody ever sees the belt) also. Is it the size of my pants/belt or the stress I'm causing the belt wearing it to work as well as wearing it with my blue jeans causing it to break?

Messages In This Thread