rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

2012 Election: Who do you think will win?
012 Election: Who do you think will win?
Mycleverid, interesting point about Romney vs. the rest. If you're right, it's good for Romney if none of the other candidates bow out, because they're sharing the not-Romney votes.

I'm somewhat sympathetic to the aims of the Tea Party, but in reality, the people who comprise it are idiots. Look at their mouthpieces, like Sarah Palin, Bachmann, Perry, Glenn Beck... Mainstream conservatism is just a pusillanimous series of compromises with liberalism and neoconservatism.

Perry is an idiotic phony conservative, Bachmann is unstable and untrustworthy - the moment I read she promised $2 gasoline, I wrote her off completely. Christie is only fiscally conservative. Cain is interesting, but seems gimmicky and unserious. Ron Paul is visibly insane (though his son is promising). Santorum is promising, but he's yet to experience much success.

Romney is presidential, very intelligent, and reasonably conservative. I'm not sure that Romney will win, but I'm pretty sure he's the only one who can. I'm very happy that Perry's star is falling, and I hope it continues. IMO, given the alternatives, the tea party disdain for Romney is wildly irrational. No one else has a better chance of winning, and it's not clear that Romney is much less conservative than the alternatives.

Quote: (09-27-2011 12:33 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Is it just me or does it seem like the Democratic base has zero momentum?

It seems like after Obama got elected, the left was so relieved and exhausted that it has no fight left (so to speak).

Obama has been almost exactly like Bush on so many levels that the left again seems like it has no wind in its sales.

Or do you think it is lying in wait and will rise up closer to the election?

Thoughts?

I almost feel bad for the guy, because there's no way he could have lived up to the hype. I had never seen people so animated by a mere political election. All these liberals were convinced their lives were indelibly changed for the better.

Another problem is that so much of the 'opposition' in this country is totally fucking phony. People only object to a policy when it's not their party running the government. Obama enters office, and all the liberals quit protesting the war. Bush enters office, fiscal conservatism goes out the window. Both sides get so drunk with power they can't remain loyal to their principles, to the very ideas for which they campaigned. Only the people who have given up on mainstream credibility buck their party for principle. Eg, see http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arch...on/244103/ .

One of my favorite writers said that McCain's loss in 2008 was essential for keeping conservatism alive in America. Had he won, mainstream conservatives, rubes that they are, would tie themselves in knots defending McCain's non-conservative positions. There would be no room left for a conservative Republican voice.

And Christie is way too fat. Fat chicks already feel way too good about themselves.

[Image: Christie-Obama-1.jpg]

Messages In This Thread