rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

UK Elections 2015 Thread

UK Elections 2015 Thread

[quote] (03-10-2015 01:21 AM)Praetor Lupus Wrote:  

Conservatives all the way.

Labour, and left-wingers in general, must never again be allowed near positions of power and particularly not with Miliband in charge. They bleat on about the Tories having nothing else to say apart from the economy without realising that the economy at large has been the single hottest topic since the 2008 crash. Although I like the thought of them being hammered in Scotland, I'd rather it not be at the hands of the SNP.

I get the feeling that most people who vote UKIP will do so without reading the party's manifesto, and purely on the basis of what they think the party's other policies are. I can see UKIP making some serious gains this time.

Lib Dems could be finished after this spell in power. And the Greens can go back to their political irrelevancy as before.[/quote]

I dunno. The more I'm here the more and more I see how the BBC and pretty much every other news outlet literally shills for Labour and the progressives here, sort of like they do back home in the US. It's subtle sometimes, but often is right in your face on how things are covered, or most of the time, not covered. That creates a difficult situation for new parties like the UKIP and the old Tories.

I think it's worse here than back home as you don't have alternative opposition media sources like Fox News, The Wall Street Journal, NY Post and other conservative mainstream sources to counterbalance the Beeb, Times etc. So you're getting a completely skewed to the left narrative on pretty much everything many times.

The BBC is biased and completely entrenched and that won't go away anytime soon. Hell you even have to pay an annual fee to get TV service here that goes to the BBC (!). (easy example is every other story on the UKIP has a "are they racist" slant to it. The BBC and most of the press here seem to hate the UKIP and Tories to a lesser extent IMO).

It's too easy for the progressive media to just take the SJW line and attack or impugn those who are trying to change the system - thereby shutting down the debate on any "controversial" issue they don't like.

That's why I agree with statements like this:

[quote] (03-09-2015 05:20 PM)Libertas Wrote:  

[quote='Lizard King' pid='975625' dateline='1425938382']
Anyway, I agree with Foolsgo1d on a UKIP/Tory coalition. Everyone else doesn't give a shit about the social fabric of those isles and will surrender to multiculturalism, feminism, and other toxic SJW bullshit.[/quote]

Amen. It's too easy for an average person who doesn't understand it all to be swayed by cognitive dissonance by the media and SJWs to lean towards the middle ground or left.

Moreover, if I recall correctly, New Labour were instrumental in hiring over 1 million+ civil servants during their tenure I think. They also pioneered the mass immigration policies that created so many new families living on the dole in the UK. These people are getting paid to work their government jobs or just sit at home and collect welfare and will never vote for some quasi-conservative party that wants less centralized power, a break from the EU & more personal responsibility. I have to image they alone, when combined with the media, are a strong enough block to prevent any real change whatsoever - maybe I'm wrong and being too negative?

In any case, the UK has massive structural issues that are still coming home to roost. It's been covered up by all the dirty money pouring into the tax coffers from Arab, Russian and African RE and investments, but I don't think that can go on forever. Somehow the UK needs to get it's finances in order (like the US does) but it seems pretty far-fetched to see that happening anytime soon. I don't see property prices every going down much in London that's for sure....seems like you will have an increasing gap between rich and poor, and more and more service industry job growth.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

Messages In This Thread